There are 7 billion people on earth, thus there are 7 billion different diets. Meaning, one must find what works for them that is specific to fortify and support those glands that are creating a hormonal or metabolic imbalance.
A great question to ask yourself is are you an apple or a pear?
Classic Apple/Adrenal Attributes:
- Classic 'beer belly/menopause belly.'
- Strong and sturdy looking.
- Bigger above the waist than below.
- Large breasts or chest and slim hips.
Weight Gain Spots:
- Above the Waist
- Upper Back/Bra overhang body fat
- Breasts/Upper Arms
Triggers for Weight Gain Despite Dieting:
- Heavy Weight LIfting
- Salty and Fatty Foods
How to Move and Eat for an Apple/Adrenal Body Shape:
- Increase the following:
- HIIT Training for cardio (High-Intensity Interval Training)
- Light Weights
- Deep Sleep ~ 98% of fat burning happens here Fresh Vegetables, Fruits, Beans, Legumes, Nuts, Avocados, Fish, Dairy and Complex Carbohydrates
- Interval Between Meals ( 4 hours between meals)
- 7 cups of vegetables daily
- Yoga or any stress-reducing exercise
Classic Pear/Thyroid Body Shape:
- Larger Buttocks
- Smaller Above the waist and larger below the waist
- Cellulite in the thighs, buttocks
Triggers for Weight Gain in a Pear/Thyroid Body Shape:
- Simple Carbohydrates
- Too much cardio/running
- Too many fruits/fruit juices
Increase the following:
- Veggies, Protein, Veggies Protein ( more Paleo)
- HIIT cardio
By Following these guidelines, we can all find the right way to move and eat! Check out Kathy Smart's online quiz on her website at https://livethesmartway.com/my-body-type-diet/
(Photo: Live The Smart Way)