The temperature has dropped and Pumpkin Spice is all the rage once again. What is it we love so much about this seasonal staple? Is it a signal that autumn is in the air? Is it how warm it makes us feel when we take that first sip, perhaps out on an afternoon stroll through a park with fall-coloured leaves softly falling? Is it the promise of cozy fireplace Sunday mornings curled up with our favourite book?
For many of us, Fall has turned into Pumpkin Spice Season. It has become such a big trend that this year the pumpkin spice phenomenon has spilled over into home décor, and even fashion!
We’ve certainly taken notice of the spicy tonal palettes that are coming in our Fall collections this year. From Gilmour to Orange Fashion Village and everyone in between, designers are getting on board with this seasonal perennial.
Our Fall clothing order resembled a grocery list: Nutmeg, Milk, Burgundy, Honey, Mustard, Wine Petal, Cocoa, Tobacco, Coffee, Mocha, Cinnamon, Sage, Vanilla, Currant, Fig, Dijon, Pepper, Cognac, and Biscotti just to name a few of the colours we brought into Shepherd’s this season.
All that to say, this season, the spice trend is hot and it’s time for your wardrobe to savor an aromatic palette.
Why we love it…
- These earthy tones are so versatile and work well with a variety of foundational basics that you already have in your closet! From black to cream, navy to grey, it’s easy to spice things up.
- These warm hues tend to look great on every skin tone, which makes shopping a breeze.
- There are so many ways to work this trend into your wardrobe! Keep reading for a few of our favourite ideas.
How to wear it…
- Accent these sophisticated hues to your taste, from head to toe monochromatic, to the most subtle touches with a handbag, a shoe or bracelet.
- If you have a warmer undertone to your skin, try shades that lean a little more orange.
- If you have a cooler undertone to your skin, stick with shades that have a red/purple tone to them.
- Add a pop of colour to your Fall wardrobe in a vibrant coloured raincoat or a purse.
- Layer on a shade of this season’s star ingredient with a coloured topper or scarf.
- Bring it together with a brown shoe or pant.
- Accessorize with golds and browns.
We hope you will Fall in love with these seasonal selections just like we did. Explore the options in our Spice Girl Palette Collection, only at Shepherd’s Fashions.